Employee Profile: Tayco’s Summer Students
Since school let out in May, Tayco’s three summer students, Malvina, Prabhdeep, and Yang have been hard at work learning the ins and outs of furniture manufacturing.
Malvina Otrebski, going into her second year at the University of Guelph, is studying psychology. She is working hard to one day become a psychologist. Malvina heard about the summer student position through her father, who has worked at Tayco for 25 years. She was interested in this job because it provided her with a hands-on opportunity, set hours and the ability to learn more about where her father works.
Prabhdeep Kaur, a recent business graduate from Seneca College, found out about the position through her Aunt Baljit who is a lead hand in Tayco’s Cosmo department. Prabhdeep has spent the last four months working in aluminum cleaning and has really enjoyed the friendly environment Tayco has to offer. She hopes to one day work in a Customer Service or Data Entry position.
Yang Zhao, entering his fourth year of Industrial Design at Sheridan College, has a passion for making and designing furniture. Yang worked in the Wood department, gaining additional insight on how the furniture is made while earning his Co-Op credit for school. He truly enjoyed the responsibility of his job as well as the friendly and helpful environment. In the future, Yang would like to gain experience designing and building children’s toys.
All three summer students put forth a fantastic work ethic and demonstrated a strong willingness to learn. We are so thankful that they were part of the Tayco Team this summer!
Fun Facts about Malvina
- What is one thing you can’t live without? My cat, Nastka
- What is your all-time favourite movie? Any movie with Leonardo DiCaprio
Fun Facts about Prabhdeep
- What is your all-time favourite book? Sri Guru Granth Sahib
- If you could go to dinner with any famous person, past or present, who would it be? Narendra Modi
Fun Facts about Yang
- If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be? China, specifically Shanghai
- If you could go to dinner with any famous person, past or present, who would it be? Vince Carter